Art will lead the way
May 31, 2014
Here’s what I’ve learned about art: it has a crazy-potent way of getting good (read: healing, inspiring, motivating) things into our hearts and minds that otherwise bounce off our defenses.
You’ve had bouncing-off-your-defenses experiences right? Things like:
• Starting a great book or e-course, only to find yourself NOT applying the content you were so excited about, or inexplicably losing interest in the book/course entirely a few days in and having it sit, untouched thereafter, on your bookshelf or computer.
• Having a loved one tell you, gently or not, about something you could do/read/stop to make your life better. In your heart of hearts you agree, and so you promptly…don’t do it.
• Putting worded reminders of things you want to believe or do around the house (“You are loved”; “Drink more water”; “Stretch”), and having them become part of the landscape you don’t see anymore…before you actually heed them.
I’ve had experiences like these, too! And the more that I’ve worked with art and with helping cultivate trust in clients and myself – trust in ourselves, trust in life, trust in others, trust in our capacity and freedom to change and grow – the more I’ve come to recognize the potency of this intersection of trust and art.
Trust is like a magic key that unlocks the doors of our hearts and minds so that healing and growth can flow in.
Art is a map that can show us where we are in relation to our fear, guide us to that key, and cheer us on to actually use it.
This art + trust stuff? It’s changing my life.
And this is the whole point of the Healing Waves that I make: 10-day, multi-media series that help you experience more and more of what’s possible once you’ve turned this key.
I’ve created a brand new Healing Wave that begins as a group experience June 10 – all about cultivating authentic joy. I hope you’ll come check it out, and any of the other waves that speak to where you are right now!
I made a little video where I share from the heart why I love Healing Waves so much, too. It’s here.
I want to make art
May 2, 2014
And how about you? What do YOU want to do? Make art? Write? Take pictures? Raise children? Practice medicine or law? And whatever it is, what effects do you want it to have on our world? I’d so love to hear in the comments below, or come join the conversation on Facebook
March 26, 2014
Find this print and more in the Trust Tending shop.
The Surest Route
March 11, 2014
February 28, 2014
Popping in briefly to invite you to come on over and check out Healing Waves – the place where I’m pouring out heart and art these days. The next group experience begins March 10, but you can begin the on-demand wave called Softening any time.
Softening is a beautiful way to prepare your heart for the other healing waves. And goodness – to prepare your heart for ALL of life. I’m soaking in the practices myself these days.
Love and light,
She said yes to trust
February 4, 2014
I love this image because it’s my story.
I’ve lived through darkness that’s felt darker than pitch-black night;
…felt the pull of my heart to make whatever choice I’ve had in me to move toward light;
…said yes to that pull in faltering, hesitant ways that’ve opened out, over time, into full-bellied, arms flung wide “YES, Universe. I choose trust!”
…experienced slow dawnings and brilliant bursts of sunshine along this way and the learning, through experience, that the sun rises AND sets on this path…and rises again.
I’m growing stronger, lighter, softer.
Trust is taking root.
And now I’m following the pull of my heart to clear this path for you.
To create art that helps unravel your fear.
That seeds your trust.
That grows in you softness, and supple strength to face your road ahead.
I’m on a mission for this.
I invite you to join me next week for a 10-day wave of healing art, called Softening.
10 illustrated practices aimed at helping you unclench and develop a daily habit of softening.
Next month I’ll offer another 10-day wave called Centering, followed by a wave called Opening.
With joy, I invite you to come learn more.
Wishing you love and trust and joy,
P.S. There’s a temporary bundle deal if you’d like to join me for all three waves – $19, rather than $30 ($10/each). Sign up between now and February 10 to receive it!
New year :: New focus :: New art
January 15, 2014
Hello there! Things have been quiet around here, but oh my goodness, so NOT quiet at my studio table!
After three years of maintaining multiple arms of my business (client work, traditional e-courses, art), I’ve decided to hone more fully in on my art. Yay for art that heals and helps us grow!!
Practically speaking, here’s what this means:
- My shop will be growing (and growing!) with new trust-nourishing products and prints. I’m in a giant push of creativity over here, so watch for this to make its way into the shop in coming weeks.
- Blog content will be stand-alone illustrations – a change from the longer articles you’ll notice in the archives here.
- Trust Notes, my weekly email missives (see sidebar for sign-ups), will include an illustration, and will be THE place to get the meatier, worded reflections I so love to write. Click here to read what people are saying about them.
- Trust Tending e-courses for 2014 will hone in on illustrated art, like my Santa Pause offering, and will be offered around themes. Stay tuned for series of sketches that explore topics near and dear to your heart.
This website will be undergoing changes in coming days and weeks as well, to more clearly reflect my new focus. You may have noticed a few of them already. More to come!
In the meantime, I hope you’ll join me for Blessings – 10 days of inspired, illustrated blessings, sent to your inbox FREE. This is your chance to get a taste of the art that I’ll be offering all year through themed series of illustrations – on love, relationships, grief, parenting, money, and more. Click here to sign up.
+ + + + + + +
As part of my “coming out” as a full-time artist, I’ve been spreading art across the web! Some of it looks like the style of work you’ve seen me do before, but much of it is new. If you’ve seen the movie Frozen, I feel a little like Elsa when, after a lifetime of containing her gift, she finally lets it fully out. I have no idea what all I’m capable of, but I’m eager to find out!
While I’m definitely not about building an isolated ice-castle and closing off my feelings (!!!), this video of Elsa “letting go” speaks so much to how I’m feeling these days.
Below you’ll find a sampling of places I’ve been this month (click the thumbnails to go to full images) – all places I love and am honored to be part of promoting. These women are bright, beautiful lights, doing wonderful work in the world!
Big blessings to you, and all my love,
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for Blessings if you want to get in on that goodness. They’re free, and start flowing this Monday.
December 24, 2013
December 18, 2013
Let’s get physical
December 10, 2013
Or getting more sleep… :)