For my friend, who has breast cancer

November 7, 2012

If you’re new here, my warmest welcome. This site is all about trust and how we can grow more of it. For a free ebook about a core trust-tending practice, click here. And if you’d like to join the community that’s gathering for trust-support this holiday season, come learn about Santa Pause. I’m so glad you stopped by!

10 comments   |   Filed in: Meditations   |   Tags: , ,   |

1. Beautiful, Kristen. What a gift for your friend. And for all of us who often never think of looking at our fear and allowing it to soften before us.
    Thankyou.

Comment by Fiona — November 7, 2012 @ 2:03 pm
  2. Thanks, Fiona. Yes, sometimes such a simple act is the farthest thing from our minds.

Comment by Kristin — November 7, 2012 @ 4:33 pm
  3. Oh! “She” is my friend, too….my dear, kindred, soul-connected friend.

Thank you for this beautiful creation.

Comment by Lisa — November 7, 2012 @ 5:28 pm
  4. Lisa, she is such a bright light across so many communities. YES.

Comment by Kristin — November 7, 2012 @ 6:00 pm
  5. I am floored, grateful, and humbled by this beautiful piece. Thank you, dear friend. This will accompany for the foreseeable future. For sure.

Kristin, you are a wonder and a gift.

Comment by GailNHB — November 7, 2012 @ 6:26 pm
  6. Gail, YOU are a wonder and a gift. Your love and support are such a strength for me and I hope I can return that and more through this season.

So much love!

Kristin

Comment by Kristin — November 7, 2012 @ 6:30 pm
  7. I wish I would have had this sketch in 2008. It is a mountain but it is also a mountain range. You get to the peaks and then hit valleys and begin another steep climb. But I have found my vista, my place to rest for now. I hope that she finds hers. My friends made the hike/ journey better. I see that with you her journey is lighter already.

Let me know if I can support her in any way.
    Mia

Comment by Mia — November 7, 2012 @ 6:52 pm
  8. Mia, your words about the mountain range are so helpful. They make me remember my own seasons of enormous challenge and feel less scandalized by the ups and downs that kept coming.

Your story is so inspiring and I’m floored by the strength that you show can come through this un-wished-for path.

Comment by Kristin — November 8, 2012 @ 8:39 pm
  9. All my friends are here.

Comment by Karen Maezen Miller — November 9, 2012 @ 10:12 am
  10. Karen, as I wrote to you earlier, I groan with you and them. There is such beauty that emerges from challenge and darkness but oh, how I don’t wish this challenge on anyone!

Comment by Kristin — November 9, 2012 @ 8:40 pm