1. Sometimes the process of unfurling into your best and juiciest public life necessitates stretches of being private and off grid. Your private work might involve intense thinking, creating, and scheming, but just as often it involves gentle recovery (an early bedtime, a conversation with an old friend, washing dishes, staring off into space) from your stretches of being out there, in the public eye. These private stretches are important, and not indication that you’re off your most-desired track.
2. Curve balls happen. A lot. When possible, nod knowingly when they come. And then do your best to fold them into your new sense of normal.
3. You can’t outrun your fear, so why not stop trying? Turn toward it, rather than away, greeting it with whatever courage you can muster. Imagine it a child who needs you to listen. See whether listening doesn’t take away tons of its power. If you have a friend who loves you and can listen along with you, ask for their company. Magic this way comes.
4. Sometimes there’s no way around restlessness. You just have to feel it. And then, in time, it’s through.
5. If you step away from Facebook and Twitter and mark everything in your reader as read, the sky will not fall, you won’t lose everything you worked for, and you won’t miss everything worth knowing. You actually might discover your quiet, clear center. And rest.
6. Don’t worry about what “everyone else” is accomplishing. Listen to your OWN life. Is it calling you to do less? more? something else entirely? Let that be your compass. Could be you’re doing exactly what and how much is right for you right now. And if you are, that’s well worth celebrating!
7. Your gray hair, vein-streaked legs, and belly bulge need not be hidden for you to be magnificently radiant. In fact, you stepping out from under the assumption that they do could be the key of all keys to your magnetic attractiveness. (There is deep irony here.)
8. Grief takes time. It’s hard, and it takes time.
9. Life’s horrors don’t cancel out its wonders and its beauty.
10. You’re fantastic.
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
P.S. I have been loving Deep Listening Sessions so much and look so forward to connecting with more of you this way! Beginning June 1st, I’ll be raising my rates to $150. If you’ve been thinking about booking a session and would like to get in on the current rate, book between now and May 31 (sessions booked between now and then can be scheduled for dates beyond May 31). I’d be so honored to listen to you!