Letter from the Universe

September 7, 2011

Dear you,

I think you’re fantastic.

And I’ve been thinking…you know how life feels complicated so much of the time? Full of so many things to think and feel and learn and shed and change and pursue and celebrate and grieve and wonder and decide?

Exhausting, right?

I have this idea for making things more simple.

What if as you look at your life – which includes the Big Picture of it, as well as the minutia, like what you ate today, or how, specifically, you’ve just spent time online: what if as you look at your life, you peel away your layer of angst about not doing things as well as you know they could be done?

Wouldn’t that feel good?

I’m talking about EVERYTHING here, too. About exercise. Self care. Boundaries with loved ones. Leadership. Finances. Spending habits. Eating habits. Meditation habits. Listening to your deeper self habits. The sorts of things you say or feel or do when you’re angry, tired, or blue.

What if in ALL such things, and everything beyond, you peeled away the layer of angst you have about not doing them as well as you know they could be done?

Because here’s what I see:

You’re doing exactly what you can right now. And always. And when you’re able to do something different (“better”, to use your worldview), you will.

You will!

You are not set in stone. Oh, so far from it! The habits and “weaknesses” that drive you crazy about yourself and all the ways you haven’t matured like you’d wish; all the lessons you’ve learned already and continue to struggle with again; all the commitments you’ve made and then broken, and then committed to again and broken again and again; all the ways you know your power, yet consistently play into smallness: it’s all good.

I’ll say that again: It’s all good.

It’s all folding into your life’s story, and as you continue to wake up, you’ll see how essential all of it is. All of it! How beautiful. How important.

How your very addictions, your very “laziness” (your word!), your very blocks and griefs and fight-or-flight responses – all the ways you’re YOU, rather than like any of the people you shame-facedly compare yourself to: these things are waking you up in ways you cannot fathom.

So as you continue to wake up and you see something you’d like to do differently, take the action you’re able to take. When you’re blocked by your mind or fears or addictions from taking action at all, take no action. Seriously!

But either way, peel back that layer of self judgment. Of angst about not measuring up. Of acid in your gut about doing (or not doing) it again.

Whenever and wherever you can, peel that layer back.

You really are fantastic, and there’s nothing wrong or defective about you or your “limitations” or your differences from all the folks you admire.

You are fantastic, and I love you dearly,

The Universe

15 comments   |   Filed in: Meditations   |   Tags:   |

1. Beautiful, Kristin. Thank you for sharing this. The Universe knows!

Comment by Alia — September 7, 2011 @ 11:22 pm
  2. So beautiful! Ahhhhh. (Big exhale). I needed this as I make the sharp turn from summer to fall today and my oldest goes back to school. He has such a hard time navigating changes and your words helps me realize that it all flows together: the easy days and the hard ones. The gentle transitions and the earthquakes.

xoxo

Comment by pamela — September 8, 2011 @ 3:37 am
  3. Sometimes the universe writes the most amazing letters. I’m really happy and grateful that you were willing to take dictation from the universe and share that letter with me. I’m printing it out and gluing it into my journal. I have a feeling that I’m gonna need to reread that letter a few more times over the course of the day… a day in which I will try very hard to peel back the angst and self-criticism, and just do what I do in the best way I can right now.

because it’s all good.
    It’s all good.

Comment by GailNHB — September 8, 2011 @ 4:33 am
  4. I think I need to print this out as well! Exactly what I needed to read today. And I guess every day. Thank you :)

Comment by Emmanuelle — September 8, 2011 @ 4:42 am
  5. Wow, this was wonderful. I may need to reference it daily. Thank you, Kristin, for channeling the Universe for all of us! I haven’t commented in a while but I do stop by frequently and still love all of your drawings and content. Amazing stuff.

Comment by Lily — September 8, 2011 @ 7:01 am
  6. Oh, how I needed to read this today! Thank you!!!! xoxox

Comment by Lindsey — September 8, 2011 @ 8:23 am
  7. So gentle, so comforting, so encouraging. . . and so much what I need right now. (The universe knew!) I want to let this soak in. .. . Thanks so much for listening to the universe, and sharing what you heard.

Comment by Ellen — September 8, 2011 @ 11:48 am
  8. yes, you said it. all . thank you so much.
    really. thank you for thinking it, writing it and then passing it on.
    much love to you,
    stef

Comment by stefanie renee — September 8, 2011 @ 8:15 pm
  9. Beautiful. Thank you Kristin, I so needed this right now. x

Comment by Yvette — September 8, 2011 @ 11:53 pm
  10. [...] doing exactly what you can right now. And always. And when you’re able to do something different (“better”, to use your worldview), [...]

Pingback by Tribe love! : 09.09.11 | Roots of She — September 9, 2011 @ 8:02 am
  11. [...] letter from the universe is just so gorgeous and touching. I advise you to run over there right now, print this out, and [...]

Pingback by Body Loving Blogosphere 09.11.11 | Medicinal Marzipan — September 11, 2011 @ 12:50 pm
  12. It’s all good. Love. Thank you, Kristin and the Universe.

Comment by Rosie — September 11, 2011 @ 6:04 pm
  13. [...] I’m not the only one who thinks so. The Universe agrees. Read her letter to you and take a moment to breathe, put things in perspective (remember – recovery [...]

Pingback by Never Give Up « Recovery from Disordered Eating — September 29, 2011 @ 6:16 am
  14. the little note arrived perfectly.
    a BIGthanks for sending it my way.

love that universe.

peace.

Comment by kelly barton — July 19, 2012 @ 5:49 am
  15. [...] that time, I have found Kristin’s words and art to be small gems of wisdom, helping me to remember to practice what she calls “trust [...]

Pingback by {The “One Question” Series} Trust Tending in the In-Between, an Interview with Artist-Blogger Kristin Noelle | Being is a Verb — August 30, 2013 @ 9:17 am